Application Support Engineer
sau recomandă acest job
Our technical team is on the lookout for new colleagues to join them in the quest of providing support to business users on IT platforms. In this position, you are part of a team that will handle investigations of user requests regarding potential issues, errors or workarounds within the IT applications of NN Romania.
- He/She is primarily responsible for finding solutions, workarounds and/or fixes in order to maintain and improve the functionality of the systems in his/her administration.
- Supporting internal customers and troubleshooting critical production issues across platforms and applications as required, also by helping 1st line Service Desk to prioritize and solve problems related in the area of expertise. (E.g. in case the issues that exceeds the 1st line support officers’ skills occurs, he/she takes over the problem and tries to find a solution.)
- Escalates the problems to other lines of support within delivery domains or provider if case, records the solutions, workarounds and takes the necessary steps to solve the problem in the recording service and notifies the user or the 1st line support when the problem is complete and provides procedures if the case.
- Monitor the system, set up automated alerts, and performance notifications to proactively address problems.
- Support for the Delivery teams in terms of release and deployment.
- Is responsible for keeping up to date the necessary the Operation Manual (e.g., error handling, backup/recovery procedures, configuration changes, etc.) but also the training documentation for the new engineers
- When needed, participate to the non-business hours needs (Releases, Disaster Recovery, Infrastructure Weekend, Production constraints);
- Create, review, and contribute to technical solutions and architectural decisions and feature specifications, from a technical standpoint
- Planning out projects and being involved in project management decisions
- Implement effective metrics and monitoring processes, automation, and self-healing for proactive maintenance
- Offer 2nd level of support for the other IT teams
- Evaluates existing applications and platforms and provides recommendations for improving performance by conducting gap analysis, identifying feasible alternative solutions, and assisting in the scope of modifications
- Education in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent
- 3+ years experience in a similar position (e.g: L2 Support, Application Support) having best practices in a Agile environment
- Scripting experience – task automation, monitoring automation
- Significant experience with Windows, operating system environment
- Good knowledge of Virtualization concepts and virtual system administration
- Azure Portal user experience
- Application server administration, application deployment and configuration (Jboss, IIS)
- Good understanding of SDLC process and delivery methodology
- Ability to work under pressure while providing high qualitative results and ability to solve problems independently
- MSSQL querying (desirable also: administration, performance monitoring& performance tuning)
- Analytical reasoning and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving
- Good command of spoken and written English
- Ability and desire to provide excellent customer service.
What we offer?
- A team of experts that are willing to share good practices tips & tricks.
- Flexible hours (we get it…it’s not always easy to get up before the rooster)
- Extra vacation days according to your tenure (some extra vacation time doesn’t hurt)
- Surgery insurance & private healthcare & life insurance & voluntary pension (all because you really matter to us)
- Development programs (do you want to grow? We stand by you.)
- Budget for flexible benefits.
- Bookster, World Class and Atlas membership.
At NN we believe a diverse workforce allows us as a company to better serve our customers. NN Romania employs a variety of nationalities, languages and cultures, and we aim to create an environment where diversity can flourish. We foster a culture that welcomes and respects everyone.
NN wants to ensure equal opportunities and reward for all employees and extends employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees regardless of their age, race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or disability